Friday, March 10, 2006

A Sale! - Shadowplays line-up announced

Well, I've definitely been pretty slack on the updates. A month and a half without a post!

The author line-up for the Shadowplays anthology (http://elidan.site.net.au/) has just been announced and I'm very happy to say they have accepted my steampunk story "Calliope: A Steam Romance" for publication! Wahoo!

This is really great as it is my first acceptance, and the first publication I sent Cally out to. I've only ever sent out 4 of my stories and 3 have come back with rejections - not bad ones mind you, but nevertheless. So to have Calliope snatched up on first submission (and I never do much editing after the first draft either!) is really encouraging.

The full author line-up for Shadowplays is as follows:
  • Ashley Arnold
  • Brendan Carson
  • Sarah Drummond
  • D.H. Duperouzel
  • Richard Harland
  • E.J. Hayes
  • Ren Holton
  • George Ivanoff
  • Penelope Love
  • Andrew McKiernan
  • Robert J. Santa
  • Nigel Stones
Publication of Shadowplays is expected in August/September of this year, so keep your eye on the website for updates:

Shadowplays (http://elidan.site.net.au/)

1 comment:

Erica Hayes said...

Hey Andrew

Congrats on being selected for the antho! I saw your post and I thought I'd drop you a line because I'm as excited as you are - this will be not only my first print pub but my first in an Australian publication. Very flattering to be included in a lineup with writers I've heard of - does this mean we're famous?

I was very impressed by "Calliope" at the PZ board a while ago. It seemed very polished already. Has the finished story changed much?

My story for the antho is quasi-Victorian, too, but has far fewer roots in real science than yours.

Remember in the antho guidelines, where it said 'you can just make it up and the hell if it makes sense'? That's me :-) So it looks like there'll be quite a range of stuff in there.

Congrats again, Andrew, and I can't wait to read the antho.

have a good day
EJ.